The Registrar’s role is to assist the members in your service unit (SU) with registration and to support and encourage accurate registrations for Snacks & Magazines, Cookies and Early Bird Registration. This position is appointed yearly by River Valleys staff.
Read the Registrar's Responsibilities, Timeline, and
Responsibilities and Timeline
- Create/maintain a SU troop roster (to include information on troops welcoming new members, schools, meeting information, leader contact, #girls, etc.).
- Encourage troops to register on time by October 1.
- Encourage troops to register before cookie sales begin.
- Promote Early Bird registration (send out reminders).
- Ability to organize materials and accurately maintain records.
- Currently registered adult member of GSUSA.
- Complete River Valleys volunteer onboarding process.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Committed to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Demonstrate strong group and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to initiate contacts with groups and individuals within the community.
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout program and a positive attitude towards Girl Scouts.
Additional Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Assist with troop placement, as necessary.
- Contact troops that have not registered, as necessary.
- Maintain positive relationships with River Valleys’ staff, service unit team, parents, troop leaders, and community partners.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys’ policies, standards, and procedures.
- Promote and support River Valleys’ Family Fundraising Campaign, Snacks & Magazines Program, and Cookie Program in relationship to your volunteer position.
- Support and promote The Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Work with troop leaders to ensure troop rosters are correct.
- Work with service unit team members to ensure girls and adults are registered.
- Attend regular service unit team and leader meetings.
- Provide support for Service Unit events and initiatives.