It’s easier than ever to renew your membership online. This guide walks you through the process of renewing your family online.
Skip to a Specific Section
- Log into the Girl Scout Member Community
- Renew Membership for Existing Troop Members
- Change Roles of Adults and/or Volunteers
- Add New Member to Troop
- Update Troop Members’ Contact Information
- Update Troop Information
- Offline Renewal
Log into the Girl Scout Member Community
Click here to access the login page for the Girl Scout Member Community. Your username is the email at which you receive your Girl Scout communications. Use the “Forgot Your Password” link if needed. Contact us online or call 800-845-0787 if you need further assistance getting logged in.
Renew Membership for Existing Troop Members
- Click on the Troops tab. If you lead multiple troops, select the correct troop from the drop down.
- Select “Next Year” from the drop down at the top right—it will read “Current Year” by default.
- In the grid below, select your renewal option for each troop member. When you have chosen an option for all troop members, click “Continue.”
- If you do not wish to renew a particular role or troop, choose “Do Not Renew” for that option.
- If you aren’t sure, you can choose “I’ll Decide Later” and move ahead renewing your other roles.
- Adults will see an option to choose Lifetime Membership.
- If you see “Inactive” or “Contact Council” for a role you would like to renew, please contact the council.
|Girl Drop-Down||Adult Drop-Down|
- Next you will accept the Promise and Law for the troop.
- Next you will complete the payment steps for the troop.
- Donations may be added to the transaction here.
- Lifetime membership is an option here for adults.
- There is no financial aid option, as that can only be requested by families. Troop leaders should be directed to ask those families to renew individually, so that they can request aid.
- Troops can accept Fall Product Credits and Cookie Credits as membership payment from families. Register the girl online using the troop account and the troop will keep the credits.
- Confirm the renewal transaction for the troop. Clicking the green button next to any member will remove them from the transaction.
- You’re all set!
Change Roles of Adults and/or Volunteers
From the Member Community, a troop leader can change the role of adult members. The instructions below describe moving someone from an adult member-only status into a volunteer role. The same process would apply in other scenarios, for instance, moving someone from cookie manager to troop leader.
- From the Troops tab, scroll down to see the adults affiliated with the troop.
- Click “Add” on their line to add a new role.”
- In the Volunteer Catalog, search for the role intended for this individual.
- You will then be brought back to the Troops tab.
- If the individual already have a current background check, their status will read as “Current” on the troops tab. They’re all set to go.
- If the individual needs to complete a background check, the email process will be triggered at this time. Their status will read as “In Progress” until we get the background check back from Verified Volunteers, our vendor.
Add New Member to Troop
If you need to add a new girl or adult member to the troop, you can do that easily from within the Member Community.
As you go through these steps, please be sure to enter the new member’s information as accurately as possible. Please confirm email and phone number with the parent/volunteer before beginning. Always enter the full name for new members and not nicknames, for instance”Elizabeth,” not “Liz” or “Lizzie.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the Membership tab to the “ADD A NEW MEMBER” section. Select either Girl or Adult and click “Go.”
- The next screen will vary depending on your selection. (Click images for larger versions.) Fill out these fields as completely as possible.
- If you select Adult, you will have the option to register as a volunteer or only as a member. If you select the second, member-only option, you will bypass the next screen and go straight to step 4.
|Girl Next Screen||Adult Next Screen|
- The system will look to see if that new member already exists. If they do, the following screens will pop-up. Assuming “Yes” is chosen, this new person will now be a member of both troops.
- You will next be brought to the membership screen to enter the rest of the contact information necessary for Girl Scout Membership. (Click images for larger versions.)
- Be sure to choose the correct membership year.
- Choose “Valid 10/1/2016–9/30/2017” if you are interested in participating in summer activities like camp for this upcoming summer. You will need to purchase 2018 membership in October.
- Choose “Valid 10/1/2017-9/30/2018” if you are interested in participating in the upcoming school year.
|Girl Next Screen||Adult Next Screen|
- Next, you will accept the Girl Scout Promise and Law for the new troop member.
- Then you will arrive at the payment screen.
- There is an option to add a donation to the transaction.
- If adding an adult member, you will see an option to purchase a lifetime membership.
- There is no financial aid option, as that can only be requested by families. Troop leaders can ask those families who’d like to request aid to complete their renewal individually.
- Confirm the transaction for the troop. Clicking the green “X” next to any member will remove them from the transaction.
- You’re all set!
Update Troop Members’ Contact Information
If you have new contact information for a troop member, a troop leader can update this on behalf of the member within the Member Community. After you submit this information, it is set to be reviewed by council staff before it goes live.
- From the Troops tab, click “Edit” next to the member that needs to be updated.
- On the next screen, you can edit most information that we have for members. The following fields are not editable in the Member Community—please contact us for help, if needed:
- Girl: Name, Email, Gender, Date of Birth, Grade
- Adult: Name, Email, Date of Birth
Update Troop Information
Unfortunately, the process is not quite ready for wide use. Please continue using the Troop Catalog Update form to submit changes to River Valleys staff.
Please contact us with any questions.