Inspire. Prepare. Mobilize.
Our time is now. This is our moment to come together, lift our voices, and take action on issues that matter to girls. Today is the day we unite to build an even brighter future for all of us.
At Girl Scouts, we focus on girls, building them to be (s)heros of tomorrow, and equipping them with resources to be active leaders in their communities. That’s why it’s important now—more than ever—to help girls empower themselves to be a positive force for change in the world and unleash their inner confidence to speak up on issues that matter most to them!
Ways to Get Civically Engaged
- Volunteer to become an Advocate Champion* and help educate elected officials about the impact of the Girl Scout movement.
*The above online training is hosted on Training.GirlScoutsRV.org, which will prompt you to create a username and password. If you have previously completed any training on Training.GirlScoutsRV.org, you may log in using the same username and password. If you can’t remember your password, please contact us.
- Help push our bill in the Minnesota Legislature past the finish line! Speak to your legislators about our Girl Scout Bill, legislation that seeks state funding for the Girl Scouts ConnectZ program, a program that brings high-quality leadership programming to over 2,700 girls in the Twin Cities and southern Minnesota.
- Invite girls to share their Girl Scout story and to speak out on issues that matter to them by hosting a G.I.R.L.s in Session dialogue (PDF) with local elected officials.
- Help girls grow their advocacy skills by checking out the G.I.R.L. Agenda resources from GSUSA.
- Attend Citizenship program events offered this year!
Be a Catalyst for Change
Research shows that “the public education system is not creating an adequate civic education foundation for all youth,” and a Girl Scout Research Institute poll found that just 38 percent of girls say their teachers have encouraged them to pursue politics and community leadership.
Be a catalyst for change in your community—and the world! Champion your views, influence leadership, and make the world a better place.
Tell Us How it Went
After you use your Girl Scout voice to connect with your legislator and advocate for Girl Scouts and the issues you care about. Then, tell us how it went using this form.
Girls who hold in person meetings with their legislators will receive a free participation patch. Patches will be mailed in May to the contact provided.
This form will help us track our growing support in the Minnesota legislature and allow Girl Scout staff to follow-up and answer any additional questions your legislator may have. Please also include awesome photos from your visits!
We also encourage you to share your experiences on Social Media! #Mnleg #GIRLagenda #GirlScoutsMNCapitol