Our Chalet, Switzerland - Aug 10
Girl Member Price: $3,750; Adult Member Price: $3,750
Location: Adelboden, Switzerland
Registration Closes Jan 1, 2024
Grades 6-11: Join Girl Scouts River Valleys for the adventure of a lifetime at Our Chalet in Switzerland! On this trip, you’ll participate in a variety of outdoor activities and see the sights of the beautiful Swiss Alps. You’ll go ziplining, see a Swiss castle, and ride a cable car among the mountains- all while making friends from around the world!
Registrants will meet monthly prior to travel to get to know each other and prepare for international travel.
How to Register:
- Girl Scouts registration is first-come, first-serve. We are unable to keep a waitlist for this program.
- Adult spots are very limited to maximize the number of Girl Scout travelers. Adult chaperone registration is by application only. Interested adults should fill out this application and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority applications are due by 5/31/2023.
- Round trip airfare
- Transportation to and from Our Chalet
- Travel insurance
- All meals at Our Chalet
- Excursions included on itinerary
Itinerary (subject to change):
- Travel overnight to Switzerland
- Arrive at Our Chalet
- Opening ceremony and pinning ceremony
- Cross one of Europe’s longest suspension bridges
- Walk along the river to Frutigen
- Take on the climbing tower challenge
- Explore the Spiez harbor and enjoy panoramic views of mountains
- Take a boat ride on Lake Thun
- Visit a 12th-century castle on the shores of Lake Thun
- Visit Adelboden Adventure Park which boasts high-adventure thrills like zip lines and high ropes courses.
- Get competitive on the Adelboden games trail
- Free time to visit Adelboden village
- Hike to Switzerland’s second highest waterfall, then ride in a gondola to the alp, with beautiful scenic views
- Continue on a hike around the alp with a picnic lunch
- Visit to the cheesemaker before descending on the gondola
- Free day!
- Leave Our Chalet and depart for home
Payment details: This event has a minimum deposit. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Payment schedule is as follows:
6/1/23: total due - $1,000
10/1/23: total due - $1700
1/1/24: total due - $2400
5/1/24: total due - $3750
If you are planning to pay using program credits, please pay the minimum deposit with a credit card and select Program Credits as a payment type. Paper credits should be mailed to our St. Paul Service Center office. To submit Electronic Program Credits, visit volunteers.girlscoutsrv.org/program-credit-redemption-form/.
Cancellations: The deposit from your cancelled event cannot be transferred, nor refunded. To receive a refund, less the non-transferable/non-refundable deposit, we must receive your cancellation notice by the posted cancellation deadline (May 1, 2024). To cancel your registration, submit the Events & Camp Cancellation Form.
Your Questions: If you have questions, please contact us online, by email (email@example.com), or by phone (800-845-0787).