Financial assistance allocations are subject to availability within Girl Scouts River Valleys’ current operating budget. These guidelines are offered to help you navigate River Valleys’ procedure and outline the application process. Applications are held confidentially by River Valleys and are not shared with third parties.
*Please note that Girl Scouts of the USA Destinations and River Valleys council-led travel programs have separate guidelines. Contact us to learn more.
- Only Girl Scout members are eligible for financial assistance.
- The financial assistance application must be completed by a parent/guardian requesting assistance for their daughter/girl or by the adult requesting assistance for themselves.
- Girls (or adults on their behalf) and adults submitting a financial assistance application must be a currently registered member of Girl Scouts River Valleys or seeking a new membership within the council’s jurisdiction.
- Girl Scouts River Valleys encourages girls and families to contribute to the event/program, or uniform and supplies that they are interested in, and add the amount the household can pay to the application.
- Financial assistance is not provided to subsidize troop or individual travel. This includes, but is not limited to, transportation, accommodations, registration/admission fees, and meals.
- Financial assistance is not provided to subsidize transportation (including mileage, tolls, rental vehicles, etc.) to/for troop, service unit, or council-sponsored events/programs.
- Financial assistance is not provided to cover specialty items required for an activity. Applicants are responsible for the purchase/supply of their own special clothing and/or equipment, as it relates to any event/program.
- Financial assistance will not be provided for funds already spent.