Preeminent Leadership Development Organization for youth to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
Major Job Functions (%)
- Development Leadership and Management (75%)
- Develops and executes strategies and plans to maximize fundraising capability and results, ensuring a balanced and robust portfolio of fund sources.
- Provides general oversight of all fund development activities, managing operations of the function, monitoring adequacy and effectiveness of activities.
- Works with the CEO and the Board on plans and programs.
- Assures the sound fiscal operation of fund development.
- Manages the Fund Development Department, including supervision of staff and budget development/oversight.
- Contributes to the development of the strategic direction and operational plans of the organization to successfully achieve the organization's mission.
- Organization Leadership (25%)
- Collaborate with colleagues across the council. Actively participate in All Staff meetings, staff in-service training, and other meetings.
- When representing the council to both internal and external audiences, articulate desired image and position to all audiences
- Support the council’s commitment to diversity, volunteers, and staff and conduct all activities with a high degree of cultural competency.
- Contribute to building a cohesive, flexible, and productive staff environment that demonstrates the values and mission and delivers high-quality customer service.
Critical Selection Criteria
- At least 8 years of senior staff experience including a verifiable track record with capital/endowment campaigns, major gifts, planned gifts, direct mail and special events.
- Experience in developing annual and capital campaign operating plans and materials as well as in research and strategy development for individual, foundation, and corporate major gift prospects.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in recruiting, training, and motivating volunteers at all levels, including corporate, community, and philanthropic leaders.
- Management and organizational skills.