Girl Scouts have a tradition of giving back to the community, including giving back with our two cookie donation programs. Girls and troops may choose to participate in one or both options and earn patches and charms for their participation.
Cookies for the Community
Spread the Girl Scout Cookie love in your community! Your troop can make a donation of Girl Scout Cookies from your troop inventory to a worthy, local organization. You can select an organization such as a local food shelf, shelter, care center, or hospital. The chosen organization must:
- Be a nonprofit with a mission aligning with the Girl Scout Mission.
- Be able to accept the amount of cookies the troop would like to donate.
We encourage troops to learn about the organization they’re donating to—maybe make a day out of it by volunteering! That way, girls can fully understand how their donation is impacting their community.
Operation Cookie Care Package
Share a taste of home with our military service members by encouraging your customers to donate Girl Scout cookies!
Here’s how the process works:
- You’ll collect the cost of the cookie donation purchase from the customer and turn in the money to your Troop Cookie Manager who will record these sales for you.
- River Valleys will facilitate transitioning these cookies to the military support organizations, so you don’t need to take physical possession of the cookies.
- The council then donates the cookies to military support organizations in Minnesota and Wisconsin, who forwards the cookies to active and former military service members.