Cookie Donations: Cookie Care Program
Girl Scouts have a tradition of giving back to the community, including giving back with our Cookie Care Program. Girls and troops may choose to participate in one or both options and earn special rewards for their participation.
Troop Donated Cookies
Spread the Girl Scout Cookie love in your community! Your troop can donate Girl Scout Cookies from your troop inventory to a worthy, local organization. Here’s how the process works:
- Your troop will select a local, non-profit organization to
receive the donated cookies. Options include: a local food shelf,
shelter, care center, or hospital.
- We encourage troops to learn about the organization they choose so girls can fully understand how their donation is impacting their community.
- The organization must be able to accept the amount of cookies the troop would like to donate.
- You’ll collect the money for the donated cookies from the customer and turn it into your Troop Cookie Manager who will record these sales for you.
- After the sale ends, your troop will deliver the donated cookies to the organization.
Girl Scouts River Valleys Donated Cookies
Cookies will be donated on behalf of our girls/troops directly to healthcare workers, school lunch programs, and food pantries throughout the Girl Scouts River Valleys council area.
Here’s how the process works:
- You’ll collect the money for the donated cookies from the customer and turn it into to your Troop Cookie Manager who will record these sales for you.
- After the sale ends, River Valleys will donate cookies from our remaining council cookie inventory to our partner organizations. Your troop does not take physical possession of the cookies.
Customers can be provided with our Cookie Donation Receipt for record of their donation to either program option.