Award committee members provide guidance and support to Girl Scouts working toward the Gold Award, the highest awards available to a Girl Scout, which have a strong emphasis on community service and leadership.
- Available for activities for a full school year (September – August), with the option to renew annually
- Register as a Girl Scout member (if not already a member).
- Support girl applicants’ ideas and projects, and, when necessary, add input for better success.
- Attend and participate in at least four Gold Award project presentations. Meetings are typically on a weeknight and often Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
- Prepare for each scheduled girl presentation by reviewing girl Gold Award application materials prior to each appointment.
- Learn about all aspects of the Gold Award process, with assistance from the Program Specialist.
- Optional, but appreciated: Assist with the coordination, delivery and supervision of a Highest Award workshop or webinar.