Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults regardless of their income. To encourage participation, River Valleys makes funds available to help girls and adults who need financial assistance.
Financial Aid Guidelines
Financial Aid is designed to assist currently registered girl members, or girls seeking membership in Girl Scouts River Valleys, by providing supplemental resources beyond a family’s ability to pay. Financial Aid allocations are subject to availability with the Council’s current operating budget. These guidelines are offered to help navigate the Council’s procedure and outline the application process. Applications are held confidentially by River Valleys and are not shared with third parties.
- This form must be completed by a parent/guardian requesting assistance for their daughter/girl or by the adult requesting assistance for themselves.
- Girls (or adults on their behalf) submitting a Financial Aid application must be a currently registered member of Girl Scouts River Valleys, or seeking a new membership within the council’s jurisdiction.
- Girl Scouts River Valleys encourages girls and families to contribute to the event/program, or uniform and supplies that they are interested in and add the amount the household can pay to the application.
- Financial assistance is not provided to subsidize troop or individual travel. This includes, but is not limited to, transportation, accommodations, registration/admission fees, and meals.
- Financial assistance is not provided to subsidize transportation (including mileage, tolls, rental vehicles, etc.) to/for troop, service unit or council-sponsored events/programs.
- Financial assistance is not provided to cover specialty items required for an activity. Applicants are responsible for the purchase/supply of their own special clothing and/or equipment, as it relates to any event/program.
- Financial assistance will not be provided for funds already spent.
Apply for Financial Aid
Questions About Financial Aid
If you have any questions about applying for financial aid or how funds are allocated, contact River Valleys at 800-845-0787.
College Scholarship Search is a list compiled by Girl Scouts of the USA of universities, colleges, foundations and Girl Scout councils that offer scholarships, awards, and grants to Girl Scouts.
In addition, Girl Scouts River Valleys compiles scholarships for girls in our council area.