The Women of Distinction and Young Women of Distinction honorees exemplify the Girl Scout mission through ethical leadership and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of their fellow citizens through community service. In highlighting these women and girls, we hope to inspire all girls to achieve their own goals and dreams.
These women are honored at our annual fundraising event: Invest in Girls, Change the World: Women of Distinction—a celebration of the amazing impact that local women leaders, Girl Scouts River Valleys, and girls are making in their communities and the world!
2019 Women of Distinction Nominations
We are not yet accepting Women of Distinction nominations for 2019. Until next season, keep the following criteria in mind—someone you know might make a great candidate!
Nominees for this honor are women who:
- Support the ideals of the Girl Scout mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
- Uphold a strong personal/professional sense of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrate a strong and growing commitment to the community.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills as role models or mentors of women and girls through advocacy, community service, and leadership.
- Have achieved professional excellence in their field.
- Have the capacity and willingness to leverage their network for engagement and gifts.