The Women of Distinction and Young Women of Distinction honorees exemplify the Girl Scout mission through ethical leadership and a commitment to making a difference in the lives of their fellow citizens through community service. In highlighting these women and girls, we hope to inspire all girls to achieve their own goals and dreams.
These women are honored at our annual fundraising event: Invest in Girls, Change the World. Women of Distinction—a celebration of the amazing impact that local women leaders, Girl Scouts River Valleys, and girls are making in their communities and the world!
2019 Women of Distinction Nominations
We are now accepting Women of Distinction nominations for 2019. All nominations are due on Tuesday, October 2, 2018.
Nominees for this honor are women who:
- Support and promote the Girl Scout mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
- Uphold a strong personal/professional sense of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Inspire and encourage personal and professional development and success in others.
- Demonstrate a strong and growing commitment to community engagement and service.
- Demonstrate exceptional skills as role models or mentors of women and girls through advocacy, community service, and leadership.
- Have achieved professional excellence in their field.
Please fill out the online form to nominate someone today!