Troop Exploration 3-night at Northwoods (Grades 3-12) Jul 7 Morning Star
Duration: Friday 6pm-Monday 11am
Location: Mason, WI
Member Registration Opens Mar 7 at 9:00 am (CST)
Troop Price for This Stay: $850
Explore Camp Northwoods your way! Your troop will have swim time each day and choose 3 other staff-led activities over the course of your stay. When your troop isn’t participating in staff-led activities, your time at camp is all up to you! You’ll bring your own food to cook over the fire (plan your favorite menu!) and enjoy the outdoors while bonding over your troop’s favorite activities. This session is perfect for troops that are ready to take the next step in planning a camping trip! This experience is for Junior, Cadette, Senior, and Ambassador troops (current grades 3-12).
Only the Troop Leader will need to register the group, and the troop leader will be able to register by reserving a housing unit (booking a cabin), instead of registering by person. Morning Star Cabins sleep up to 8 people. As long as Girl Scout Safety Safety-Wise guidelines and ratios are met for your troop’s age level, you may bring whatever Girl Scout/adult ratio you wish.
Activities: During your time at camp, your troop will enjoy the following staff-led activities:
- An opening campfire with s’mores
- Swimming each day
- A choice of three of the following staff-led activities: archery, slingshots, low ropes/teambuilding games, geocaching, canoeing, kayaking, and paddleboarding. Each activity will take approximately 75 minutes.
- An all-camp activity with other troops on the last morning.
You’ll also have a total of about 10 hours of free time for troop-led activities. Your troop can hike or bike around camp, play a game in the playfield, bring something to tie-dye, or work on a project from home! These activities are planned and facilitated by the troop.
Logistics and food:
- Prior to arrival, we’ll send an email asking for the names and emails of all participants. We’ll also ask you to select which three activities your cabin would like to do. In an effort to provide every troop the opportunity, troops will be limited to two boating activities (canoeing, kayaking, or paddleboarding). Cabins will receive their schedule for staff-led events and swim times upon arrival.
- Troops are responsible for bringing and preparing their own breakfast, dinner, and snacks for their time at camp. We will provide to-go lunches (sandwiches, fruit, veggies, chips) each day. There will be space available to store your food items safely in the kitchen pantry, walk-in cooler, and walk-in freezer (a short 10-minute walk from your cabin). Fire pits and a covered picnic shelter are available right next to the cabins or around camp.
- Troops may check out outdoor cooking equipment from camp including pots, pans, cast iron dutch ovens, pie irons, utensils, dishes, and matches/lighters. Firewood is provided near fire pits. Troops are responsible for cleaning their own dishes/equipment and returning them to the pack out area below Davidson troop house.
Housing: Morning Star cabins have 4 bunk beds and sleep 8 people total. They have electricity but no running water or kitchen. Cooking inside Morning Star cabins is not permitted. Pit toilets and sinks are available nearby, and a central shower house is a 10-minute walk away.
Payment details: This camp session has a minimum deposit. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Full payment is due 30 days prior to the first day of the camp session.
If troop members attending this session are planning to request financial assistance, please pay the minimum deposit with a credit card and select Financial Aid as a payment type. After registering, provide attendees with the order number and have them to visit girlscoutsrv.org/financial-assistance to submit their financial assistance application.
If troop members attending this session are planning to pay using program credits, please pay the minimum deposit with a credit card and select Program Credits as a payment type. After registering, provide attendees with the order number and instruct them to submit their program credits. To submit Electronic Program Credits, visit volunteers.girlscoutsrv.org/program-credit-redemption-form/.
Cancellations: See our full Camp and Event Registration and Cancellation Policy at girlscoutsrv.org/policies (Updated January 2022)
The deposit from your cancelled session cannot be transferred, nor refunded. To receive a refund, less the non-transferable/non-refundable deposit, we must receive your cancellation notice by the posted cancellation deadline (30 days prior to the program start date). To cancel your registration, submit the Events & Camp Cancellation Form.