*Virtual* Cooking with Cookies with Ms. Bethany's School of Cooking
Grades 2-5: Learn to make scrumptious desserts using Girl Scout cookies while also learning about what it takes to be an entrepreneur! Join Ms. Bethany's School of Cooking in making Caramel DeLite 7-layer Bars and Peanut Butter Patty Parfaits with peanut butter mousse while we touch on some important lessons in selling cookies and starting your own business.
Participants will provide their own Girl Scout cookies and ingredients. Here's what's needed:
7- Layer bars & Cookie Parfaits with Peanut Butter Mousse
- 1 ½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick melted butter
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts
- cup butterscotch chips
- 4-6 Samoa/Caramel deLites (optional)
- cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 Tb powdered sugar
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 4-5 Tagalongs/Peanut butter patties / favorite chocolate cookie
- Favorite chocolate sauce
- 8x8 pan (glass or metal are ok)
- Small bowl
- Medium bowl
- Rubber spatula or mixing spoon
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board
- Medium bowl with electric beaters or blender
- Jar with a tight fitting lid (to shake our whipped cream!)
- Small jars/cups to assemble our parfaits
- Optional: star tipped piping bag (or star tip and a gallon ziploc bag)
One registration required per household. For the best experience, each Girl Scout should join on their own device with their own ingredients and kitchen space.
How to Join: An email with details about how to join the zoom meeting will be sent to you 2-3 days before the event.
Payment details:This event has a minimum deposit.We ask registrants whoarepaying for this event with a credit card to pay the full balanceat check out.
If you are planning to request financial assistance,please pay the minimum depositwith a credit cardand select Financial Aidas a payment type.After registering, visitgirlscoutsrv.org/financial-assistance to submit yourfinancial assistanceapplication.
If you are planning to pay using program credits,pay as much of the total balance as you would like with a credit card andselect Program Credit as a payment type forthe remaining balance.Paper credits should be mailed to our St. Paul Service Center office. To submit Electronic Program Credits,visitvolunteers.girlscoutsrv.org/program-credit-redemption-form/.