Girl Scouts and Media
There is always so much happening at Girl Scouts. From service projects to summer camp to participating in the Cookie Program, our communities like to find out what Girl Scouts are up to!
We love to hear stories from our Girl Scouts, volunteers, and community members. Let us know what you’re doing in your community, meaningful experiences earning awards, and other adventures you’ve had with Girl Scouting. We may feature your stories on our blog, social media outlets, or other publications.
If you or troop is interested in being contacted for media interviews, please complete the form below.
The Girl Scouts River Valleys Press Corp is currently on pause. This team of specially trained Girl Scouts went behind the scenes of council and community events, gathered all the facts, talked to the VIPs, snapped photos, and shared their stories with the Girl Scout community—all from a girl’s point of view! Press Corp members served as official spokespeople for Girl Scouts River Valleys and got to flex their reporter skills throughout the year. See below for some of the amazing work the Press Corp created!
Reporting from the Field
- A Girl Scout’s Journey Towards D/deaf and Hard of Hearing Advocacy, Addie S.
- Make it an Exciting Fall: Activity Ideas for Girl Scouts, by Keena D.
- An Introduction to Shakespeare, by Keena D.
- Making Your Own Role-Playing Game Character, by Keena D.
- Video Chat Fun! by Ella T.
- Interview with Richfield Council Member Mary Supple by Remington F.
- Women of Distinction Recap by Keena D.
- Animals of Glacier National Park by Nora L.
- Press Corps Takes the Every Girl in a Tent Challenge by Ella T., Maddy D., Megan T., Nora L.
- Keena's Power Girls Camp Journal by Keena D.
- Press Corps Visit to Minnesota Public Radio by Ella T., Keena D., Maddy D., Megan W., and Nora L.
- An Interview with Blessing Roberts by Keena D.
- 2019 Women of Distinction Recap by Maddy D.
- Girl Scouts Takeover Day at REI by Maddy D., Keena D., Megan T., Ella T., and Megan P.
- 2019 Annual Meeting Recap by Maddy D.
- An Interview with Niambi Jaha-Echols by Maddy D.