*Virtual* Home Scientist
Registration Closes: 01/21/2021 at 11 p.m. CST
Science can be found all around us! Join us on Zoom as we explore science using common items found in our homes. Fun will "bubble" over as we create hypothesizes and conduct experiments to investigate static electricity, density, and more! Treat yourself at the end to some tasty ice cream that we will make together from scratch!
After attending this event, you will have earned the Home Scientist Badge, which can be purchased at our online shop.
- Bucket or bowl of water
- Variety of small objects with different weights (examples: coins, paperclip, small ball, pencil, dice)
- 2 Lemons
- Baking Soda
- Dish Soap
- Craft Stick/tooth pick
- Tray or space for bubbling experiment to bubble over into
- 2 cups of Corn Starch
- 1 cup of Warm Water
- Large spoon Bowl Plate
- Waterproof decorations to act as two eyes and a nose (examples: buttons and foam pieces)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups ice
- ¼ cup kosher salt
- 1 quart size freezer bag
- 1 gallon size freezer bag
- Dish Cloth
- Plastic Spoon
- Optional: Chocolate Syrup, Sprinkles, and Food Coloring?
- Registered participants will receive an email 1-2 days before the event with instructions for joining us on Zoom. You do not need to have a Zoom account to join the meeting.
- This is an interactive program with limited capacity.
- Although households with more than one participant may log in to the event using the same device, each participant must be registered individually.
Policies: Please review our event and cancellation policies.