*Virtual* Think Like an Engineer with the MSU Society of Women Engineers ~ FULL
Registration Closes: 11/12/2020 at 11 p.m. CST
Do hands-on challenges and experiments with engineering students from Minnesota State University!
You’ll play with your food by creating a snack tower, learn about and test ancient building design concepts, and dive into materials science to answer the question: “what makes the best superhero cape?”
Girl Scouts will join small groups, get a chance to talk with other Girl Scouts, and do activities facilitated MSU students. Make it a troop event! Girl Scouts that sign up as a troop will be grouped together for small group activities.
This event is super hands-on! You'll need the following supplies to participate with us:
- any combination of cubed fruit, veggies, grapes, cheese, etc.
- 5 pieces of blank white paper
- clear tape
- a few books to use as weights
- 2-3 things made of fabric/fabric scraps and/or big paper. Examples include: an old t-shirt, a towel, a sheet, old curtains, a scarf, a sheet of poster paper or a large paper like legal-sized paper, etc. This is for your superhero cape test!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Open to current members of Girl Scouts River Valleys only: click above to register. Please register early to reserve your spot!
- Although households with more than one participant may log in to the event using the same device, each participant must be registered individually. Please follow current guidance for safe gatherings if participating in-person with your troop.
- You do not need to have a Zoom account to join the meeting, but we do suggest downloading the Zoom app onto your device. We recommend using a computer for the best experience, but you may join on a tablet as well.
- Registered participants will receive an email 1-2 days before the event with ingredients/materials list and instructions for joining us online.
Policies: Please review our event and cancellation policies.