*Live Online* Special Event: Early Bird
In honor of our Early Bird program, join the Program Team and a special guest bird expert for a virtual program all about birds! Learn about how different birds get their food and do a bird beak experiment. Hear some bird calls, make a bird feeder, and discover the birds that hang out in your own backyard!
After the program, renew your Girl Scout membership for next year to receive a special Eastern Bluebird early bird patch.
- Click this Zoom link on Monday, May 11 at 4:00 pm Central time
There is no need to pre-register for this event. You do not need a Zoom account to participate. Please don't purchase one for this event if you don’t already have one. Please practice social distancing and do not participate in-person with your troop.
- Printable Bird Beaks worksheet (pdf)
You will need a few items to be "beaks" and a few to be "food":
- Tools to represent beaks could include spoon, tongs, tweezers, chopsticks, straw, pliers, scissors, or other small tools.
- Items to represent bird food could include water, marbles, rubber bands, flour or sugar, small candies, nuts, trail mix, etc.
For bird feeder activity:
- paper towel/toilet paper roll or pinecone
- peanut butter
- bird seed (or substitute other seeds, raisins, or cooked rice)
AFTER THE EVENT
- Renew your Girl Scout membership for next year to receive a special Eastern Bluebird early bird patch.
PASS IT ON! Recordings of this and all our live virtual events can be found at Girls Scouts at Home.