*Live Online* Adult & Me Cooking
Join Ms. Bethany of Ms. Bethany’s School of Cooking in this one hour LIVE Adult & Me* participation style class!
Daisies will make one sweet snack and one savory snack while learning how to identify a whole food and focusing on how to incorporate whole foods into every meal. Some of the skills they will practice include: measuring, mixing, zesting, slicing, as well as learning how to safely handle a knife (even if only a butter knife to instill safe habits). Daisies will make “Daisy Drops” (Energy bites!) and “Lemony Yogurt Dip” with pita and your favorite vegetable for dipping.
*This is an Adult & Me program, an opportunity for Daisies to participate with a favorite adult. Adult supervision and participation is required; Daisies will be using sharp kitchen equipment including a zester and practicing slicing (a butter knife can be used to slice pita or certain softer vegetables).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Just click this Zoom link ! (You do not need to pre-register for this event).
- You will need a computer, tablet, or phone with internet access.
- You do not need a Zoom account to participate. Please do not purchase one for this event if you don’t already have one.
- Please practice social distancing and do not participate in-person with your troop.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
Ingredients for Daisy Drops (Energy Bites)
- ½ cup nut butter such as peanut butter or almond butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup coconut flakes or ground flax seed (optional)
- Measuring cups
- Large bowl
Ingredients for Lemony Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 lemon
- A couple sprigs of herb such as parsley, mint or cilantro
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Pita pocket
- Favorite vegetable for dipping!
- Cutting board
- Zester or box grater
- Measuring cup
- Small bowl
PASS IT ON! Recordings of this and all our live virtual events can be found at the Girls at Home page of the Girl Scouts River Valleys website.