*Virtual* MEdia Journey Series
Registration Closes: 01/07/2020 at 11 p.m. CST
Take a stand for media that represents your world, your values, and your stories! Join other Girl Scout Cadettes on this three-part virtual journey to explore how media affects you and how you can affect media. Share your experiences with social media, TV shows, ads, and more, and learn how they affect your communities. Make your own media that better represents reality the way you see it and complete a Take Action project that makes a positive change in your world.
Sign up for this virtual journey series with your troop or on your own. We will use a combination of large group activities and troop breakout rooms to complete the MEdia journey award. Girl Scouts who sign up without a troop will be put into breakout rooms together.
This series will meet on Wednesdays from 4:00-5:30 for 3 sessions. It is important to attend all 3 sessions on January 13th, 20th, and 27th. Troop leaders are welcome to register and attend with their Girl Scouts, and will help lead activities in breakout rooms.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- This event is open to current members of Girl Scouts River Valleys only.
- Due to the interactive nature of this program, space is limited and will fill quickly. Please register early to reserve your spot! Registration closes January 7.
- Although households with more than one participant may log in to the event using the same device, each participant must be registered individually.
- Please follow current guidance for safe gatherings if participating in-person with your troop.
- You do not need to have a Zoom account to join the meeting, but we do suggest downloading the Zoom app onto your device. We recommend using a computer for the best experience, but you may join on a tablet as well.
- Registered participants will receive an email 1-2 days before the event with instructions for joining us online.
Policies: Please review our event and cancellation policies.