(St. Paul, MN) March 2022 – Girl Scouts River Valleys announces newly elected leadership on their Board of Directors. The board is composed of members from across the Girl Scouts River Valleys’ council, which delivers the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to 19,000 girls across Southern Minnesota and Northwest Wisconsin.
Girl Scouts River Valleys is grateful to these exemplary community members for their commitment, leadership, and dedication to the Girl Scout mission of building girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place.
“We are fortunate to have our new board members join us as we continue our work to ensure that girls in our communities have the opportunity to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success,” said Tish Bolger, Girl Scouts River Valleys CEO. “Their leadership and service to Girl Scouts River Valleys is an investment in local girls and will make a lasting impact in girls’ futures.”
Newly Elected Officers of the Board
- Jane Canney, Chair – (St. Paul, MN) is Principal at Canney & Associates
- Marnie Overman, First Vice Chair – (St. Paul, MN) is Director of Employee Benefits Solutions at Securian Financial
- Melissa Meyers, Second Vice Chair – (Bayport, MN) is Business Manager at Andersen Corporation
Newly Elected Directors at Large
- Katherine Bante – (St. Paul, MN) is Senior Strategy Director at Ovative Group
- Lilia Civettini – (Winona, MN) is a High School Student and Senior Girl Scout
- Belinda Cordina – (St. Paul, MN) is Supply Chain Operations Director, Global Wipes Division at Ecolab
- Beth Duyvejonck – (Excelsior, MN) is Regional Vice President at Opus Design Build, LLC
- Susana Rosas – (Minneapolis, MN) is the Founder of Suyana Designs
- Maria Sarabia – (St. Paul, MN) is Aging and Disability Services Director at Ramsey County
For a full list of Girl Scouts River Valleys Board of Directors, visit www.GirlScoutsRV.org/board-of-directors.
About Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valleys
Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valleys’ work is supported by 7,000 volunteers who deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to 19,000 girls in southern Minnesota, western Wisconsin, and one county in Iowa. Girl Scouts River Valleys is one of 111 Girl Scout councils that make up the national Girl Scout Movement, sharing the mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place. For more information, visit GirlScoutsRV.org.
We Are Girl Scouts
Girl Scouts bring their dreams to life and work together to build a better world. Through programs from coast to coast, Girl Scouts of all backgrounds and abilities can be unapologetically themselves as they discover their strengths and rise to meet new challenges—whether they want to climb to the top of a tree or the top of their class, lace up their boots for a hike or advocate for climate justice, or make their first best friends. Backed by trusted adult volunteers, mentors, and millions of alums, Girl Scouts lead the way as they find their voices and make changes that affect the issues most important to them. To join us, volunteer, reconnect, or donate, visit Girl Scouts River Valleys at girlscoutsrv.org.