During Hispanic Heritage Month, September 15 through October 15, we celebrate the countless contributions that Hispanic people and Latinos have made and continue to make in the United States. We honor the cultural richness of all people in the U.S. whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America.
How can you celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month as a Girl Scout?
By earning your "¡Yo soy una Girl Scout" patch!
Available to all program levels, this new patch program encourages girls to learn about the art, food, folklore and other traditions of the 21 countries generally included in Hispanic Heritage Month celebrations.
- Download Hispanic Heritage Month Patch Activity Sheet (PDF).
- Once you've completed the number of required activities for your grade level, you can purchase the patch at any Girl Scouts River Valleys Shop locations or online at GirlScoutShop.com.
Girl Scout River Valleys is hosting some special events to help you celebrate!
Register for the events at the links below:
- Girl Scout Loteria with the Mexican Girl Guides (virtual) | Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 11:00 AM
- ¡Yo soy una Girl Scout!: Salsa and Bachata Dance with Nela Dance LLC (in-person) | Saturday, September 18, 2021 at 6:30 PM
- ¡Yo soy una Girl Scout!: Flavors of Peru! (in-person) | Friday, Sep 24, 2021 at 5:30 PM
- ¡Yo soy una Girl Scout!: Portrait of Panama (in-person) | Friday, Oct 1, 2021 at 6:00 PM
- ¡Yo soy una Girl Scout!: Friday Fiesta (virtual) | Friday, October 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Have questions? Please email Bernice Prigge Rodriguez at email@example.com.