Beginning July 1, some in-person Girl Scout activities, service unit activities, and troop meetings are permitted to resume provided guidance is followed. Girl Scouts River Valleys has released an In-Person Girl Scout Activity Guidance available in English, Spanish, Hmong and Somali for volunteers to review. This guidance acknowledges the need to take all reasonable precautions to limit potential exposure of the COVID-19 virus to girls, volunteers, and families.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to change, we recognize that there may be regional differences or developments since this guidance was published. Continue to follow local, state, and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) national regulations and guidance. As decisions are made, we ask all volunteers to keep safety, inclusion, and responsibility at the center of your efforts as each family will have varying comfort levels of gathering in-person.
Volunteers, families, and girls should be prepared to meet in a safe and thoughtful way. Good communication and flexibility is key to success. Keeping group sizes small (maximum of 10 people for indoor spaces, and 25 for outdoor spaces), finding the right meeting location, and routinely disinfecting high touch surfaces will be required. We strongly recommend the use of face coverings to ensure people are protecting themselves and others from the spreading and contracting of COVID-19.
We recommend continuing virtual troop meetings to keep tech skills and virtual meeting habits fresh. New Safety Activity Checkpoints for Virtual Meetings (PDF) are now available to help guide meeting plans.
This guidance is in effect until further notice, and is subject to change at any time by Girl Scouts River Valleys and/or in response to changing location conditions.
- In-Person Girl Scout Activity Guidance - English (PDF) - Read this document in full before planning an in-person gathering.
- In-Person Girl Scout Activity Guidance - Spanish (PDF)
- In-Person Girl Scout Activity Guidance - Hmong (PDF)
- In-Person Girl Scout Activity Guidance - Somali (PDF)
- Health Screening Checklist (PDF) - For families to use prior to gathering.
- Troop Readiness Flowchart (PDF) - Use this flowchart to help determine if you and your group is ready to gather.
- COVID-19 Family Agreement - English (PDF) - For families to look over and sign prior to meeting in-person.
- COVID-19 Family Agreement - Spanish (PDF)
- COVID-19 Family Agreement - Hmong (PDF)
- COVID-19 Family Agreement - Somali (PDF)
- First Meeting Plan (PDF) - For volunteers to use as guidance when planning their in-person meeting.
- Meeting Space Signage (PDF) - Use at troop meetings or gatherings to remind girls and volunteers of everyday preventative actions to stop the spread of COVID-19.
- Fabric Mask Tutorial (PDF) - A helpful tutorial created by a Girl Scout volunteer for making fabric masks.