Introducing Girl Scouts @ Home, a patch designed for girls who don’t want to “press pause” on being Girl Scouts just because they’re staying home!
Girl Scouts River Valleys never stops either—we're always developing quality programming and fun opportunities for girls to participate in. And because so much of what's been created is accessible right here online, we think it's the perfect time to highlight some of our favorites so you can explore them on your own!
The key to earning this “choose your adventure” style patch is let curiosity be your guide. Follow your interests as you decide which items to complete—and discover great ways to stay involved with Girl Scouts along the way.
Earn Your Patch in Three Simple Steps:
Step 1: Attend an online virtual event
Join members of the Girl Scouts River Valleys Program Team in these short, girl-focused events as you work towards a new badge or participate in Girl Scout traditions (like building your own shelter or singing camp songs)!
There’s no limit to how many events you can participate in and all you need is a computer/tablet/phone and an internet connection.
Step 2: Explore more Girl Scout fun!
From clubs and patch programs, to podcasts and blog posts, Girl Scouts River Valleys is a treasure trove for girls to experience.
See what interests YOU in the links below. Choose and complete at least three items from the list to earn your patch:
- Venture into Adventure Club!
- Earn a skill-building badge on your own using our free downloadable activity plans.
- Try an activity from our In the Loop blog.
- Listen to a GIRLTalk Podcast episode. The podcast is, “For girls. With girls. Hosted by Girl Experts.”
- Read a Press Corps story. (If you’re in grade 6-12 and are interested in joining the Press Corps, consider applying to join!)
- Socialize with us! Follow Girl Scouts River Valleys on social media:
- Learn about the “Diverse. Inclusive. Together.” patch and how you can earn it with our activity plan. (You could even suggest that your troop or a friend join you!)
- Dream Up Your Ideal Girl Scout Year (PDF).
- Sleep outdoors in a tent/hammock/quinzhee? Check out the Every Girl in a Tent challenge and learn how to earn this glow-in-the-dark patch! (Plus: What’s a quinzhee?)
- Write and send a thank you note to your troop leader.
- Read this article with an adult and discuss how you can be a force for good by Fighting Xenophobia and Racism during Covid-19.
- Relax with a Girl Scouts River Valleys Coloring Book.
- Share your story and tell us your favorite Girl Scout memory or what you like most about being a Girl Scout. (We getting photos and videos!)
- Know an adult who used to be a Girl Scout? Show her how to reconnect through the Alumnae Association and Special Interest Groups!
- Complete the World Thinking Day Patch.
- Learn about Girl Scouts’ highest awards—the Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards. You can event check out a map of projects girls have completed across the country.
- Become pen pals with a sister Girl Scout in your troop.
- Invite a friend to a Girl Scouts River Valleys virtual event.
- Share your favorite Girl Scout memories with friends and family.
Step 3: Request Your Patch
- Complete the Girl Scouts@Home Patch Request Form to have your patch mailed to you. Share your story and a photo with us too—we love to hear from you!
Don’t forget to tag us on social media with #GirlScoutsatHome and @GSRV.
Do I have to live in the Girl Scouts River Valley’s council region to earn the patch?
Yes. The patch program is available only to Girl Scouts River Valleys girl members. Please connect with your local council for similar programming.
If I’m not a Girl Scout member, can I participate?
The patch is only available for current Girl Scout River Valleys girl members.
Is there a cost for the Girl Scouts@Home patch?
This patch is currently free for all Girl Scout River Valleys members.
Can I participate if my troop isn’t holding virtual meetings?
Yes! This patch is open to ALL Girl Scout River Valleys members regardless if your troop is meeting virtually or not at this time.
Can I earn the patch on my own without my troop?
Yes! This patch is open to all Girl Scouts River Valleys girl members and can be completed individually and/or with your troop.
When will I receive the Girl Scouts@Home patch?
Patch submissions are due May 31 and June 30. Patches will be mailed in late summer, 2020.
Where can I find more information about Girl Scout activities we can do at home?
Check out our Girl Scouts at Home resource page!