New for 2018, all Girl Scouts can sell cookies online via Smart Cookies. Girls will be able to send out e-cards to friends and family to have them order cookies online. There are two types of e-cards:
- Direct Ship: The customer orders and pays for the cookies online (including shipping and handling fees!). The Girl Scout cookie bakery will then ship out the cookies directly to the customer, and the Girl Scouts will automatically receive credit for those sales.
- Girl Delivery: The customer orders the cookies online. Once ordered, the Girl Scouts will then deliver the cookies to the customer and collect payment in the form of check or cash at delivery. Girls choose which customers receive an e-card with the girl delivery option. The link is set up so that customers cannot access the girl delivery page without prior approval by the Girl Scout.
All registered Girl Scouts River Valleys cookie sellers will receive an automated email from Smart Cookies with their unique link to log in for the first time between February 2–3. If you don’t receive your link by February 3 or have issues with your account, please contact us.
A Few Things to Remember When Checking Your Email
- Roughly 20,000 girls will be receiving their personalized email on the same day, so please be patient while we help girls log in and answer questions.
- Help ensure your Girl Scout’s email successfully goes through by adding email@example.com to your trusted senders list.
- Even if you receive your email on February 2, you still will not be able to sell cookies until Cookie Go Day on February 3.
Learn more about how girls can use Smart Cookies by watching our girl training videos. If your Girl Scout isn’t ready for online sales, that’s OK! Online sales are optional.