This year’s Spirit Week theme is “Be a Force for Good.” We’re extending our traditional Spirit Week to two weeks, September 14-30. During this time watch for social media posts, city proclamations, and building and bridge lighting events showcasing Girl Scouts in our communities.
Being a force for good is built into Girl Scouts; it’s at the core of everything we do. Sure, Girl Scouts are kind, friendly, and helpful, but they’re also courageous, confident, strong, resilient, and resourceful. Girl Scouts are not only a force for good, they’re a force to be reckoned with.
As Girl Scouts, you are leaders and changemakers in your community – invite others to join you and earn the Force for Good patch!
You can earn the Force for Good patch by:
- Sharing the text-to-join number with another girl, inviting them to join in being a force for good by joining Girl Scouts. Girls need Girl Scouts more than ever – reaching out to invite someone helps them to feel welcomed and included.
Text JOIN TO 74253
- Sharing how you have been, or how you will be, a force for good. What amazing things have you done this past year because of Girl Scouts? How will you change the world this year?
How can you be a force for good? Here are some examples:
- Cleaning up litter in your community or at a local park
- Make sure your family members (or you if you’re 18) are registered to vote
- Advocate for a policy change in your neighborhood, school, town, or state (dress codes, crosswalks, stop signs, parks, etc.) by contacting your legislator or school board representative
- Attend a protest or demonstration
- Delivering groceries or meals to at-risk neighbors or family members, or checking in on them
- Making masks
- Any Girl Scout Take Action or Bronze, Silver, or Gold Award project
- Volunteering at food, clothing, or home goods donation sites
- Being a role model for younger girls
Here are some tools to help you be a force for good and an ambassador for Girl Scouts in your community:
- How to Contact Your Legislator (PDF)
- G.I.R.L.s in Session: How to Talk to Your Legislator (PDF)
- Proclamation Guide (PDF)
Changing the world is hard work, but there’s strength in numbers. Join us in being a Force for Good.