Over 250 Girl Scouts, volunteers, leaders, delegates, board members, and staff attended the 2017 Girl Scouts River Valleys Annual Meeting in Rosemount, Minnesota on January 28.
River Valleys Girl Leadership Board distributed SWAG bags chock full of information and goodies–can you say yes to the new Girl Scout S’mores™ Cookies and a 2017 Annual Meeting Patch?!
The day kicked off with networking and a joint session with Girl Scouts of the USA’s Chief Network Performance and Membership Executive, Meg Moloney and our very own Chief Operating Officer, Jen Thorson. In the breakout sessions, volunteers and members learned about the Future of Troop Support and provided input on the Bylaws amendments, while Girl Scout Seniors and Ambassadors connected and shared ideas in the Girl Leadership Board’s girls-only session.
During the lunch program, Girl Scout emcee, Samantha, lead the volunteer Adult Awards recognition. Choua Vang, Girl Scout alumna and a River Valleys communication specialist, spoke on the importance of our volunteers and the impact they truly make on the lives of girls.
Before the start of the Business Meeting, Girl Scouts lead a surprise sing-along session which brought lots of fun energy in the room! The meeting followed with reports from Norma Porter, Treasurer; Tish Bolger, Chief Executive Officer; and Gayle Hayhurst, First Vice Chair of the board. Outgoing secretary, Kathleen Meyerle and Director-at-Large, Mary-Alice Muraski, presented proposed bylaws amendments and, after discussion and motions to amend, the changes were voted in.
Board officers, directors-at-large, and board development committee members were elected and installed at the meeting. In addition, voting members also elected Girl Scouts River Valleys 2017-2020 National Delegates to represent River Valleys at the October 4-8, 2017 G.I.R.L. 2017/54th National Council Session in Columbus, OH.
Thank you to everyone who participated and attended the meeting!
For your reference, you can view and download resources from the meeting:
- 2017 Chief Executive Officer Report – by Tish Bolger
- 2017 Bylaws revisions presentation – by Kathleen Meyerle, Secretary, and Mary-Alice Meyerle, Director At Large
- 2017 Board Officer Report – by Gayle Hayhurst, Vice Chair
- Financial Report – by Norma Porter, Board Treasurer
- Summary of Volunteer Toolkit (coming August 2017)
- Thank You Volunteers – shared at the luncheon
- Video of Meg Moloney and Jen Thorson’s presentation: Moving Together at the Speed of Girl
- Presentation Summary: Moving Together at the Speed of Girl