The Volunteer Manager recruits, coordinates, trains, and supervises day camp volunteers.
Read the Volunteer Manager's Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Complete volunteer position training as sponsored by River Valleys and the Day Camp Leadership Team.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Day Camp Director.
- Submit any required paperwork to River Valleys in a timely manner.
- Ensure the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law are the basis for decision-making and delivery of the day camp’s support to its volunteers.
- Provide ongoing volunteer guidance to the Day Camp Leadership team.
- Understand of all older girl and adult volunteer leadership expectations within the day camp, River Valleys, and GSUSA.
- Plan and implement all volunteer orientation and training.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and provide ongoing support to the Day Camp Older Girl Coordinator.
- Collaborate with Day Camp Older Girl Coordinator regarding the older girl leadership program and opportunities being offered at day camp.
- Coordinate and supervise leadership activities at day camp.
- Work with the volunteer expectations in the Council Reference Guide, Volunteer Essentials, and the Girl Scout Safety Checkpoints.
- Ensure that all volunteers are educated on and practice the “Leave No Trace” philosophy.
- Prepare, distribute, collect, and review leadership and training evaluations with the Day Camp Director.
- Collect, review, and submit any end-of-season reports on time with the Day Camp Director.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Day Camp Director.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys’ policies, standards, and procedures.
- Currently registered adult member of GSUSA.
- Willing to fully participate in volunteer application and screening process.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Committed to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Demonstrate excellent group and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to select, train, and supervise volunteers.
- Ability to be flexible; evaluate and make desirable changes.
- Volunteer Manager Resource Guide
- Volunteer Interest Form
- Volunteer and Older Girl Tracking Form
- Volunteer Application Cover Sheet
- Volunteer Day Camp Application