The Finance Manager supervises business logistics and financial transactions related to a volunteer-led day camp.
- Complete all required training as sponsored by River Valleys and the Day Camp Leadership Team.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the River Valleys’ staff and Day Camp Director.
- Submit any required paperwork to the River Valleys’ staff in a timely manner.
- Ensure the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law are the basis for decision-making and delivery of the day camp program.
- Supervise the planning, implementation, and maintenance of the day camp budget.
- Provide ongoing financial guidance and support to the Day Camp Leadership team.
- Train, supervise, and provide ongoing support to the Day Camp Equipment and Logistics Coordinator.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records and ensure bills are paid.
- Submit all contracts to River Valleys for necessary approval and signatures.
- Collaborate with the Day Camp Leadership team for the ordering and purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Collaborate with the Equipment and Logistics Coordinator regarding the coordination of day camp equipment, including, but not limited to camp set up and camp closing.
- Set up and maintain the day camp checking account.
- Review and submit all end-of-season and financial records on time with the River Valleys’ Staff.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Day Camp Director.
- Follow all River Valleys and GSUSA policies, standards, and procedures.
- Currently registered adult member of GSUSA.
- Willing to fully participate in volunteer application and screening process.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Committed to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Demonstrate excellent group and interpersonal communication skills.
- Complete all required trainings and respond to River Valleys’ Staff communications in a timely manner.
- Experience in financial management.
- Strong and accurate record keeping skills.
Forms and Resources
- Finance Manager Resource Guide
- Finance Manager Budget Spreadsheet
- Bank Account Forms
- Service Unit + Day Camp Account Checklist
- Cookie Credit Reimbursement Form (Encampments)
- Cookie Credit Reimbursement Form (Day Camps)
- Fall FUNds Reimbursement Form
- Grants for Summer Day and Resident Camp Programs
- FSA Receipt
- Non-Sufficient Funds Letter
- Refund Letter
For Use During Day Camp