The Treasurer provides general oversight and management of all service unit finances.
Read the Treasurer's Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Assist in opening/closing of all troop bank accounts and monitor as needed.
- General management of service unit checking account.
- Pay all invoices for service unit activities and events in a timely manner.
- Participate as an active member of the service unit team by attending regular service unit team and leader meetings, and participating in the creation of the annual service unit plan of work.
- Report on bank account activity at service unit leader meetings.
- Complete and submit service unit finance reports by due date.
- Gather and submit troop financial reports by due date.
- Provide guidance to service unit volunteers to ensure compliance with River Valleys’ financial policies.
- Coach volunteers in the service unit about responsible money management as needed.
- Assist with other financial related duties as assigned by the service unit manager or River Valleys staff members.
- Complete volunteer position training within required time frame.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys’ policies, standards, and procedures.
- Promote and support River Valleys’ Family Fundraising Campaign and Product Program activities.
- Be a currently registered Girl Scout member of GSUSA.
- Be at least 18 years old and complete River Valleys’ volunteer application process.
- Behave in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Demonstrate excellent group and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have experience in fiscal management.
- Possess strong and accurate record keeping skills.
Forms + Resources
- Service Unit Finance Report
- Wells Fargo Checklist to Open a Bank Account
- Before You Open an Account
- Cookie Credit Reimbursement Form (Encampments)
- Service Unit + Day Camp Account Checklist
- Wells Fargo Letter of Authorization
- Troop Finance Packet and Forms
- Troop Disband Form
- Membership Dues Summary
- Volunteer Training Video: Opening a Bank Account