The Resource Coordinator helps maintain quality programming and promotes troop/leader retention by providing assistance through resource coordination via people, resources, and technical support.
Read the Resource Coordinator's Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Provide resources that will support leaders, promote retention, and assure quality programming.
- Work directly with program and outdoor program departments to ensure the most accurate and current information/resources/materials are shared with service unit members.
- Connect adult volunteers to resources at council, in the community, on the Internet, and in publications.
- Work with other service unit team members as appropriate. Attend resource coordinator meetings and share information at service unit leader meetings.
- Participate as an active member of the service unit team by attending regular service unit team and leaders meetings and participating in the creation of the annual service unit plan.
- Complete volunteer position training within required time frame.
- Determine appropriate discussion topics by soliciting input from the service unit team, leaders,
and the service unit plan.
- Plan, develop, and coordinate discussions at leader meetings or other appropriate times.
- Facilitate support topic discussions, or recruit and utilize guest speakers (i.e. leaders, council staff, or community members).
- Maintain resources and materials for the service unit and be knowledgeable about current available materials.
- Be aware of and utilize community resources that could provide support for leaders, following River Valleys’ Community Collaboration Checkpoints to ensure collaborator is in line with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Girl Scout Leadership Experience outcomes.
- Serve as a role model for leaders and representative for Girl Scouting within the community.
- Provide relevant information and support to first-year leader
- Suggest community events and resources to add to River Valleys’ website.
- Promote the use of special interest volunteers to leaders and service unit event planners, and provide information to new leaders on how to access the special interest database
- Assist council staff in launching new program resources/initiatives.
- Follow all Girl Scouts of the USA (GSUSA) and Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River
Valleys (River Valleys) policies, standards, and procedures.
- Promote and support River Valleys’ annual Family Fundraising Campaign, Fall Product Program,
and Cookie Program Activity in relationship to volunteer position.
- Currently registered Girl Scout member of GSUSA.
- Willing to fully participate in volunteer application and screening process.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Committed to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout program.
- Access to the Internet/computer helpful.
Forms + Resources
Resource Coordinator Training
River Valleys’ Events
Here is a sampling of upcoming River Valleys’ events for girls and volunteers. You can find the full list here.