Service Unit Recruiters recruit adult volunteers and girls in Girl Scouts while ensuring that all girls in the assigned service area have the opportunity to fully participate in Girl Scouting programs and activities.
Read the Organizer/Recruiter's Responsibilities, Timeline, and Qualifications ▾
Primary Responsibilities + Timeline:
August or Earlier: Contact elementary schools in your area to confirm attendance at fall back-to school events.
- Ensure all back-to-school events have a local volunteer or troop representative to promote new troop formation.
- Order online and distribute back to school and/or recruitment rally materials as needed.
September/October (Optional): Promote and host a community recruitment rally to promote volunteerism and new troop formation.
- Collect and submit interest forms to River Valleys promptly when using.
- Support the online catalog process for girls and adults joining new or existing troops.
- Support and promote The Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Communicate recruitment progress to service unit team and River Valleys’ staff members.
- Maintain positive relationships with River Valleys’ staff, service unit team, parents, troop leaders, and community partners.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys’ policies, standards, and procedures.
- Promote and support River Valleys’ Family Fundraising Campaign, Fall Product Program, and Cookie Program in relationship to your volunteer position.
- Currently registered adult member of GSUSA.
- Complete River Valleys volunteer application process.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Committed to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Demonstrate strong group and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to initiate contacts with groups and individuals within the community.
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout program and a positive attitude towards Girl Scouts.
- Ability to organize materials and accurately maintain records.
Forms + Resources
- Recruitment Materials for order and download
- List of membership events on our recruitment site
- Informational Presentation for Girl Scout Troop Formation Events
Review the Online Catalog
These catalog links are for testing purposes only and provide a view into our national membership system. When you search troop numbers here, you may see troops across the country – we keep troop numbers unique in our council, but we cannot nationally. Since those joining enter a zip code, they will only see local troops and volunteer positions.
You will also only see troops that are welcoming new girls and/or volunteers. If you can’t find a troop that could take new members, please work with the troop leader to add them to our online catalog.
Service Unit Recruitment Materials Order Form
Service Unit Managers and Recruiters can login to the Impressive Online Print Center.
- Please allow one week for processing.
- To create a new account, select “click here to register” at the sign in area. Please allow up to 3 business days for approval of all new accounts.
- Online Print Center Training Guide