Organizers/Recruiters recruit, place, and retain girls and adult volunteers in Girl Scouts while ensuring that all girls in the assigned service area have the opportunity to fully participate in Girl Scouting programs and activities.
Read the Organizer/Recruiter's Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Recruit girls and adults who represent the diversity of the population in the assigned area through community recruitment events and other promotion opportunities.
- Organize and place girls and adults into new or existing troops. Provide new troop start up support to new leaders. Maintain communication with Juliettes (individually registered Girl Scouts).
- Organize local recruitment event(s). Order and distribute promotional materials.
- Support and promote The Girl Scout Leadership Experience: Program Essentials at the service unit and troop levels.
- Participate as an active member of the service unit team by attending regular service unit team and leader meetings, and participating in the creation of the annual service unit plan.
- Communicate recruitment progress to service unit team and River Valleys’ staff members.
- Maintain positive work relationships with service unit team members, parents, leaders, and community partners.
- Keep accurate records and submit reports as required.
- Complete volunteer position training within required time frame.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys’ policies, standards, and procedures.
- Promote and support River Valleys’ Family Fundraising Campaign, Fall Product Program, and Cookie Program Activity in relationship to your volunteer position.
- Currently registered adult member of GSUSA.
- Willing to fully participate in volunteer application and screening process.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Committed to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Demonstrate excellent group and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to initiate contacts with groups and individuals within the community.
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout program or willingness to learn.
- Ability to organize materials and accurately maintain records.
Forms + Resources
- Be YOUrself Chatterbox Activity
- Be YOUrself Frames Coloring Sheet Activity
- Be YOUrself Pennant Activity
- Be YOUrself 4 Piece Interest Indicator Form
- Girl Scout Week Full-Page Flier
- Girl Scout Week Half-Page Flier
- Photo Booth Prop
- OfficeMax Locations and Retail Connect Card
- 2015 Recruitment Webinar Slides
- List of membership events on our recruitment site
- Review our online Troop Catalog
- Review our online Volunteer Role Catalog
2015 Recruitment Messaging Webinar
Service Unit Recruitment Materials Order Form
Use this form to order recruitment materials. Order materials to promote your event, or materials to have on hand at the actual event. **Please allow a minimum of five working days for your request to be processed.