Organizers/Recruiters recruit, place, and retain girls and adult volunteers in Girl Scouts while ensuring that all girls in the assigned service area have the opportunity to fully participate in Girl Scouting programs and activities
- Recruit girls and adults who represent the diversity of the population in the assigned area through community recruitment events and other promotion opportunities.
- Organize and place girls and adults into new or existing troops. Provide new troop start up support to new leaders. Maintain communication with Juliettes (individually registered Girl Scouts).
- Organize local recruitment event(s). Order and distribute promotional materials.
- Support and promote The Girl Scout Leadership Experience: Program Essentials at the service unit and troop levels.
- Participate as an active member of the service unit team by attending regular service unit team and leader meetings, and participating in the creation of the annual service unit plan.
- Communicate recruitment progress to service unit team and River Valleys’ staff members.
- Maintain positive work relationships with service unit team members, parents, leaders, and community partners.
- Keep accurate records and submit reports as required.
- Complete volunteer position training within required time frame.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys’ policies, standards, and procedures.
- Promote and support River Valleys’ Family Fundraising Campaign, Fall Product Program, and Cookie Program Activity in relationship to your volunteer position.
- Currently registered adult member of GSUSA.
- Willing to fully participate in volunteer application and screening process.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Committed to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Demonstrate excellent group and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to initiate contacts with groups and individuals within the community.
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout program or willingness to learn.
- Ability to organize materials and accurately maintain records.
Organizer/Recruiter Training Webinar
Forms + Resources
- Recruitment Resource Packet
- Recruitment Materials Ordering Form
- Recruitment Materials Ordering Procedures
- Recruitment Sign-Up Form
- Getting Started Checklist for New Leaders
- OfficeMax Locations and Retail Connect Card
- Activity Plan: Fall Recruitment/Family Informational Event
- Activity Plan: Back to School Event
Worship Bulletin Insert Order Form
Girl Scout Sunday (March 9) and Girl Scout Sabbath (March 15) give girls an opportunity to attend their place of worship and be recognized as a Girl Scout. Our Worship Bulletin Insert highlights our faith-based programming and the NEW “My Promise, My Faith” activity plans. Bulletin inserts will be ordered through OfficeMax using the Bulletin Insert order form below. We will also have a limited supply available in each of our service centers. Please contact your service unit support staff if needed.
You can review our worship bulletin insert, and feel free to print these on your own.