Organizers/Recruiters recruit, place, and retain girls and adult volunteers in Girl Scouts while ensuring that all girls in the assigned service area have the opportunity to fully participate in Girl Scouting programs and activities.
- Recruit girls and adults who represent the diversity of the population in the assigned area through community recruitment events and other promotion opportunities.
- Organize and place girls and adults into new or existing troops. Provide new troop start up support to new leaders. Maintain communication with Juliettes (individually registered Girl Scouts).
- Organize local recruitment event(s). Order and distribute promotional materials.
- Support and promote The Girl Scout Leadership Experience: Program Essentials at the service unit and troop levels.
- Participate as an active member of the service unit team by attending regular service unit team and leader meetings, and participating in the creation of the annual service unit plan.
- Communicate recruitment progress to service unit team and River Valleys’ staff members.
- Maintain positive work relationships with service unit team members, parents, leaders, and community partners.
- Keep accurate records and submit reports as required.
- Complete volunteer position training within required time frame.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys’ policies, standards, and procedures.
- Promote and support River Valleys’ Family Fundraising Campaign, Fall Product Program, and Cookie Program Activity in relationship to your volunteer position.
- Currently registered adult member of GSUSA.
- Willing to fully participate in volunteer application and screening process.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Committed to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Demonstrate excellent group and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to initiate contacts with groups and individuals within the community.
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout program or willingness to learn.
- Ability to organize materials and accurately maintain records.
Organizer/Recruiter Training Webinar
Forms + Resources
2014-2015 Recruitment Materials Ordering Form arriving early August. For questions prior to August 1, contact recruitment staff.
Summer Parade/Community Event Recruitment Materials Order Form
Use this form to order recruitment materials for summer parades and area community events taking place between June and August.
Note: Recruitment materials for all Back to School/Open House events in July and August should be requested on the Back to School/Open House Volunteer Coverage form below.
Back to School/Open House Volunteer Coverage Information
Use this form to provide information about your service unit’s back-to-school/open house events taking place in August. Information can be completed and submitted for a single event or for multiple events. All fields are required for each event.