Fast Start Coach
The Fast Start Coach manages the process of Service Unit Fast Start meetings for new Girl Scout leaders, representing Girl Scouts of the USA and the River Valleys.
- Facilitate service unit Fast Start Meetings for new Girl Scout leaders using River Valleys’ standard plan, materials and options for customization within the service unit.
- Prepare new leaders for their leadership experience by providing start-up support and encouragement and being available to answer questions.
- Participate as an active member of the service unit team by attending service team and unit meetings, participating in the service unit plan and promoting service unit enrichment training.
- Maintain positive work relationships with service unit team, families, leaders and community. Represent GSUSA and River Valleys internally and externally.
- Complete volunteer position training within required timeframe.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys’ policies, standards and procedures.
- Promote and support River Valleys’ Family Fundraising Campaign, Snacks +Magazines, and Girl Scout Cookie Program Activity in relation to your volunteer position.
- Support and promote the Girl Scout Leadership Experience at the service unit and troop levels.
Forms + Resources
- Fast Start Notes
- Troop Field Trip Packet
- Getting Started Checklist for New Leaders
- Troop Leader Resources + Planning Guides
- Troop Finance Forms