Annual Giving Coordinator
This key volunteer position works to educate and solicit Girl Scout families for annual giving contributions from the local service unit area. By raising funds at the local level, Annual Giving Coordinators (AGC’s) increase River Valleys’ ability to deliver services and program to girls.
AGC Is a one-year term, this position reporting to the service unit manager, with support from River Valleys’ Annual Giving Officer and membership staff.
- Give every Girl Scout family the opportunity to make a gift and become educated about annual giving.
- Attend training/information session, complete a self-study, or meet with the Annual Giving Officer.
- Identify giving methods best suited for service unit, based on options discussed at information sessions.
- Set outreach objectives, coordinate tasks, and make effective plans to reach service unit’s annual giving goal.
- Keep records of annual giving efforts.
- Submit reports and funds in a timely manner to the service unit manager or local service center. Please be aware of bank cashing deadlines for checks. Checks will not be cashed if they are more than three months old.
- Familiarity (or willing to become familiar) with local service unit/community, Girl Scout program, and financial needs of River Valleys. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate projects and to motivate others.
- Comfort in speaking about fundraising.
- Leading by example; make a personal annual gift.
- Handle donors and donations with responsibility, confidentiality, and ethical behavior.