Service Units are made up by many dedicated volunteers working to build the Girl Scout experience in their immediate area. River Valleys has over 200 service units led by experienced volunteers who support leaders and troops.
What Does a Service Unit Do?
- Service unit team members and troop representatives meet several times throughout the year to share ideas, receive training, and talk about important announcements.
- Service units may organize events like:
- Community-wide service projects
- Summer day camps
- Family events
- Cookie Rallies
- Thinking Day celebrations
- Award ceremonies
These documents are for the whole Service Unit team. You will find position-specific resources on the position pages, to your left.
- Service Unit Essentials
- Service Unit Roster
- Service Unit Evaluation
- Service Unit Finance Report
- Service Unit Event Guide
- Getting Started Checklist for New Leaders
- Juliette Girl Scouting: A Resource for Mentors
- Working Together: Co-Op Troop Leadership
- Special Interest Volunteers Availability
- Special Interest Volunteers FAQ
- Guide to Bridging
- Event Guides – Work Plans for Girl Scout events