Trips + Travel
These trainings and resources will help you have a safe and fun experience when planning overnights, camp-outs, and travel with your Girl Scouts.
Trips + Travel Training + Resources
- Girls Cook In: For indoor food prep
- Girls Sleep In: For sleepovers
- Girls Sleep Out: For campouts
- Girls Cook Out: For outdoor cooking
- Planning for Troop Travel
Girls Cook In
Lead your troop through the process of safely preparing food using no-cook or indoor cooking methods. Gain tips and techniques on how to teach girls the steps of budgeting, menu planing, following safety guidelines, and making healthy food choices. Develop strategies for grocery shopping and for effective management of food preparation with the troop.
Girls Sleep In
Learn to walk your troop through the process of planning and preparing for an indoor overnight adventure of up to two nights and three days. Understand what procedures and forms are required and how to use girl planning in preparing for an overnight.
Topics include girl readiness, progression, group living skills and safety guidelines for fireplace fires. You will also become familiar with River Valleys’ properties and policies, safety activity checkpoints, and Leave No Trace principles.
Planning Troop Travel?
Watch this video for tips and inspiration working with your girls to plan a Girl Scout adventure.
Troop Travel Resources
- Girl Scout Trip – Request to Plan Form
- Girl Scout Trip Planning Worksheet
- Planning for Trip Safety
- River Valleys Travel
- Sample Budget Worksheet and Financial Agreement
- Sample Participant Behavior Contract
- Sleeping Arrangements for Troop and Service Unit
- Trip Progression Chart
Return to top.
These trainings were formerly known as “beyond the troop”.