Beyond the Troop
To ensure a safe and fun experience, both GSUSA and River Valleys require that volunteers receive the appropriate training before participating in overnight, cooking and travel activities with girls.
Which Training(s) Do I Need if My Troop Is…
|sleeping indoors?||sleeping + cooking indoors?||sleeping indoors + cooking outdoors?||sleeping + cooking outdoors?||planning a regional/ national trip?|
|Girls Sleep In||•||•||•||•|
|Girls Sleep Out||•|
|Girls Cook In||•||•||•|
|Girls Cook Out||•||•|
- Staying In combines Girls Sleep In and Girls Cook In.
- Camping Out combines Girls Sleep In, Girls Sleep Out, Girls Cook In and Girls Cook Out.
You may apply for equivalent qualification if you believe that you already possess the skills covered in the Beyond the Troop sessions.
Planning Troop Travel?
Watch this video for tips and inspiration working with your girls to plan a Girl Scout adventure.
Troop Travel Resources
- Girl Scout Trip – Request to Plan Form
- Girl Scout Trip – Planning Worksheet
- Readiness Activity Packet
- Responsibilities List
- River Valleys Travel
- Sample Budget Worksheet and Financial Agreement
- Sample Participant Behavior Contract
- Sleeping Arrangements for Troop and Service Unit
- Trip Planning Checklist
- Trip Progression Chart
Contact email@example.com with any questions about adult qualifications and trainings.