Formal adult awards are perfect for recognizing the volunteer who goes above and beyond, but it’s still important to recognize the hard work of the other volunteers who make Girl Scouting happen.
Ways to Thank
Simple efforts like a verbal thanks, a thank you card or a compliment on Facebook can be great way to thank a volunteer. Here are more ideas:
- Share their story with our communications team. We may feature them on our blog, social networks, and publications.
- Send a thank you note
- Give a gift – small, homemade gifts can be very meaningful
- Provide mentoring opportunities
- Develop their leadership skills
- Share positive feedback
- Be a professional reference
- Recommend them on LinkedIn
- Ask them to recruit others
- Promote them to new roles
Follow us on Pinterest to see volunteer gift and other craft ideas: