Find Girl Scout Alumnae Entries Due
Date: Wednesday 20 March 2013
Time: 12:00 am
Location: [ Calendar ]
Did you know River Valleys has 400,000 women that were involved in Girl Scouts living in our council area? And we only know about 54,000 of them!
We are looking for women who want to:
- learn what Girl Scouts are doing today
- be an advocate for girls and girl leadership
- be connected to the largest women’s leadership network in the country
Ask your friends/family/cookie buyers if they were Girl Scouts. Remind them, once a Girl Scout, always a Girl Scout!
Ask them to reconnect as an alumna and your troop could win a prize! Help us in our mission to find 100,000 alumnae!
Alumnae = girls or women who are former members, employees, or volunteers
How to Participate
- Find unregistered Girl Scout alumnae. An unregistered alumna means they do not currently receive information from the council.
- Have them sign up as a Girl Scout alumna on the sheet provided or through our website.
- Make sure they put your troop number on the form.
- Turn paper sheets in to Stephanie Klenk, 400 S Robert St., St. Paul, MN 55107.
- For every alumna you refer, your troop will be entered for a troop prize. The troop that finds the most alumnae by March 20 will receive a prize! The winning troop will get to help customize the prize, a FREE, special troop overnight activity.
Alumnae Finding Tips
- Ask every woman you sell cookie to if they were a Girl Scout.
- Ask other adult women in your circle if they were Girl Scouts-teachers, coaches, businesswomen, friends, relatives, etc.
- If someone says yes, they were a Girl Scout and they sign up, ask if they know of others from their troop. Have then help you!
- Are there ways to ask about finding Girl Scout alumnae in your community bulletins or newspaper?