We’re so excited to start a new year of Girl Scouts and are thrilled to share news about all the improvements we’ll be making this year. We are working to enrich the quality and breadth of our program offerings, continuing to invest in supporting volunteers, and enhancing and updating our camps, service centers, shops, and troop spaces within our properties. Whew! It’s going to be amazing.
Cool Stuff: Making River Valleys A Better Place
A smattering of awesome improvements and happenings at River Valleys:
- Watch for the new spring/summer Girl Scout Magazine which will be coming your way in February featuring cool ways to celebrate Earth Day, ideas for bridging ceremonies, reasons to get excited about camp, and a fun new coloring page.
- New leader trainings are being held across our region and we’re hearing good things.
- The (hot-of-the-presses) New Leader Guide is making pros out of our brand new leaders.
Hey Girl Scouts, Let’s Get Building
It’s going to be a bustling year as we work on projects large and small across our council. We’ll be updating this page as more information becomes available and as timelines are set or change.
We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we work to make River Valleys’ properties and spaces as awesome as the girls and volunteers who use them!
Here’s a brief look at some of the projects we’re planning. More details to come!
Camp Elk River
- Repair building and grounds in Gray Koch and Timbermeade area
- Develop a master plan for an enhanced equestrian area; begin with a new horse stable and troop cabins
- Repair roof of Annie Paper Dining Hall
- Repair Mary Randall Troop House chimney, re-roof Old Lodge/Art Studio, re-roof Program Center, rebuild wash stand stations
Camp Singing Hills
- Make necessary repairs to Dining Hall
- Make necessary repairs to Program Center
- Make necessary repairs to Thunderbird Lodge
Camp Edith Mayo and Edith Mayo Program Center
- Finish Program Center remodel
- Renovate historic lodge to a three-season program space
- Landscape area near Program Center and historic lodge
- Build troop cabins or yurts, build day-camp shelters, and install toilet stations
- Design master plan for campground with program elements
- Check out these updated signs at Edith Mayo Program Center – a nice improvement!
Brooklyn Center Service Center
- Complete the interior remodel (that was started last year)
St. Paul Service Center
- Interior renovation including retail shop and troop and service unit program space
I have questions, who can I contact?
Call us at 800-845-0787 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.