Every girl deserves a chance to see the world. Girl Scouts offers many different travel opportunities so girls can see new places, meet new people, and learn about different cultures and ideas. Whether exploring their own neighborhoods, their regions, their country, or the world, Girl Scouts are continually expanding their horizons.
Girl Scouts can travel with their troop, and they can join both council-level and nationally sponsored adventures.
River Valleys Travel
Local volunteers are working with Girl Scouts River Valleys to create travel adventures for local Girl Scouts. See our upcoming trips:We'll schedule more events soon.
Getaways are Girl Scouts of the USA sponsored and planned trips that last two to four days in length. They go all over the United States and include a wide array of activities such as taking in Broadway shows, going to Girl Scout Jamborees, and exploring national attractions. Learn more about upcoming Getaways.
The destinations program brings individual Girl Scouts from across the nation on adventures across the United States and the world. Explore the different destinations categories and learn more about the application process:
|International:||Events outside of the U.S.|
|Outdoors:||Ranges from learning outdoor skills to Outward Bound challenges on land or sea.|
|Science:||Takes science to a new level. Learn animal behavior or what a doctor’s life is like.|
|People:||Visit cities and countrysides, so you can experience the culture of new places.|
|Apprenticeships:||Give hands-on, real-life experience in a potential career field.|
Applying for destinations
- Visit Girl Scouts USA’s destinations to learn more about travel experience options.
- Search for events by date, category, age, location and keyword.
- Select four top choices. You can apply for any trip that is not listed as full.
- Download and complete the destinations application form for each event you want to attend (up to four). It’s up to you. If you are selected for more than one, you may choose your favorite or go attend them all.
- Print two copies of the reference form and ask two people who know how awesome you are to fill them out. You can use the same letters of reference for all of your applications.
- Send your application to:
Girl Scouts River Valleys
400 Robert St S.
St Paul, MN 5107
- General deadlines are as follows:
- First round applications due November 20th with details sent upon acceptance, by mid-January.
- Second round applications due February 5th with details sent upon acceptance, by early March.
- Beginning mid-February, applications are accepted on a rolling basis with details sent upon acceptance, within 2 – 4 weeks.
Financial assistance may be available to help you participate in the adventure of your choice.
Call 800-845-0787 or email if you have questions! We are here to help you.
Go on your destination. Bon voyage!