Responsibilities + Benefits
People volunteer with Girl Scouts and River Valleys for many reasons.
- Reconnect with their Girl Scout memories
- Making a difference in the lives of girls
- Share your passion, experience and enthusiasm for Girl Scouting with a new generation
- Impact the community
- Network and gain skills for personal and professional growth
- Many volunteer opportunities with flexible scheduling
- All volunteers become adult Girl Scout members
- Support the Girl Scout mission, Promise and Law
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior to all people
- Complete trainings in a timely manner
River Valleys Responsibilities to Volunteers
- Strive to match your skills and talents with an appropriate volunteer position.
- Provide a volunteer position description and orientation to your position, River Valleys, and GSUSA.
- Provide position-specific training when required and document when completed.
- Provide an extensive network of resources, contacts, and programming ideas, and ensure services, materials, and resources are available and accessible.
- Provide current information on upcoming events and activities through newsletters, meetings, and online resources.
- Provide ongoing support, guidance, evaluation, and recognition of your volunteer service.