Teen Mentor Manager
The Teen Mentor Manager assists in the delivery of age-appropriate activities to campers at a volunteer-led day camp.
- Complete all required training as sponsored by the Day Camp Leadership Team.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Day Camp Older Girl Coordinator.
- Submit any required paperwork to the River Valleys’ staff and Day Camp Leadership Team in a timely manner.
- Ensure the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law are integrated into the camper experience at day camp.
- Act as role model and friend for all campers.
- Help participants feel comfortable in the day camp community by encouraging them to act with courage, confidence, and character.
- Assist with the delivery of programming as outlined by the Day Camp Older Girl Coordinator.
- Make day camp fun for all participants.
- Have a strong background in day camp programming including songs, games, and day camp traditions.
- Have knowledge of day camp procedures and expectations; be able to explain to campers.
- Help teach outdoor skills and appreciation of the outdoors.
- Assume other responsibilities as requested by the Unit Leader and Day Camp Older Girl Coordinator.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys’ policies, standards, and procedures.
- Register as a member of GSUSA.
- Accept the beliefs and principles of the Girl Scout Movement.
- Commitment to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Be at least 12 years old and successfully complete 6th grade.
- Complete all trainings as required through River Valleys.
- Complete all trainings as required for leadership privileges through the sponsoring service unit.
- Have a genuine liking for girls; understanding and respecting their individual differences.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
Forms and Resources
- Teen Mentor Manager Resource Guide
- Teen Mentor Leadership Progression
- Volunteer and Older Girl Tracking Form
- Sample Teen Mentor Behavior Contract
- Teen Mentor Application Cover Sheet
- Teen Mentor Application
- GSUSA Teen Mentoring