The Program Manager coordinates the implementation of all program activities and supervises the program specialists at a volunteer-led day camp.
- Complete all required training as sponsored by both River Valleys and the Day Camp Leadership Team.
- Maintain ongoing communication with River Valleys and Day Camp Director.
- Supervise the planning, implementation, and evaluation of day camp programming.
- Ensure the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law are the basis for decision-making and delivery of the Day Camp Program.
- Assume responsibilities of the Day Camp Director in their absence.
- Train, supervise, and provide support to the Day Camp Program Specialists.
- Coordinate and supervise all program activities including scheduling, all-camp events, and ceremonies.
- Work within the program and ratio expectations as outlined in the Girl Scout Safety Checkpoints.
- Where applicable, ensure that all campers are educated on and practice the “Leave No Trace” philosophy.
- Work with the Day Camp Finance Manager on the ordering and purchase of supplies and equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance of equipment, supplies, and inventories.
- Collect, review, and submit any end-of-season reports on time with the Day Camp Director.
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned by the Day Camp Director.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys policies, standards, and procedures.
- Currently registered adult member of GSUSA.
- Willing to fully participate in volunteer application and screening process.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Committed to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Demonstrate excellent group and interpersonal communication skills.
- Complete all required trainings and respond to River Valleys’staff communications in a timely manner.
- Have a genuine liking for girls; understanding and respecting their individual differences.
- Ability to be flexible; evaluate and make desirable changes.
- Ability to make good judgments regarding programming.
Forms and Resources
- Program Manager Resource Guide
- Safety Wise and Activity Checkpoints
- Swimming Request Form
- Specialized Activity Request Form
- Water Activities Policies and Procedures
- Sample Schedule