Fast Start Coach
The Fast Start Coach manages the process of Service Unit Fast Start meetings for new Girl Scout leaders, representing Girl Scouts of the USA and the River Valleys.
- Facilitate service unit Fast Start meetings for new Girl Scout leaders, using River Valleys standard plan, materials, and options for customization within the service unit.
- Prepare new leaders for their leadership experience by providing start up support and encouragement, and being available to answer questions.
- Promote additional program, enrichment, and Beyond the Troop training.
- Submit attendance reports to River Valleys as required.
- Participate as an active member of the service unit team by attending service team and unit meetings, participating in the service unit plan, and promoting service unit enrichment training.
- Maintain positive work relationships with service unit team, families, leaders, and community, representing GSUSA and River Valleys internally and externally.
- Complete volunteer position training within required time frame.
- Support and promote The Girl Scout Leadership Experience: Program Essentials at the service unit and troop levels.
- Follow all GSUSA and River Valleys’ policies, standards, and procedures.
- Promote and support River Valleys’ Family Fundraising Campaign, Fall Product Program, and Cookie Program Activity in relationship to your volunteer position.
- Currently registered adult member of GSUSA.
- Willing to fully participate in volunteer application and screening process.
- Practice welcoming and inclusive behavior toward people of all ages, races, religions, cultures, abilities, sexual orientation, gender, educational, and economic backgrounds.
- Committed to speak and act in a manner consistent with the Girl Scout Mission, Promise, and Law.
- Excellent group and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the Girl Scout program or willingness to learn.
- Ability to organize materials and keep accurate records.
Forms and Resources
- Getting Started for New Leaders
- Fast Start Coach Planning Notes
- Fast Start Update Webinar (presentation slides)
- Fast Start Meeting Roster
- Fast Start Meeting Evaluation
- Troop Field Trip Packet
- Planning Guides