Cookie Return Days
Date: Monday 18 March 2013–Tuesday 19 March 2013
Time: 12:00 pm–6:30 pm
Location: [ Multiple ]
Before returning cookies, have you tried the ideas below to sell the remaining inventory? Cookies should only be returned as a last resort.
Tips to sell extra cookies
- Re-distribute cookies to girls who are still selling
- Have girls reconnect with their customers to make sure they are fully stocked until next year
- Organize a troop door-to-door outing or divide cookies among girls for them to continue to sell door-to-door
- Hold more cookie booths (either by selecting available council-arranged cookie booths or coordinating additional troop-arranged cookie booths)
- Have your troop purchase and then donate the excess cookies using the Cookies for the Community donation program
- Transfer cookies to another troop using the Cookie Swap Wiki
- Contact your service unit cookie manager to transfer cookies to other troops in your service unit who may be in need of additional inventory
Since cookies cannot be sent back to the baker for a refund, it is important that families, volunteers, and staff work closely together to keep excess inventory at the end of the sale as low as possible. For each case of cookies returned, there is less funding available for River Valleys to fulfill its mission through Girl Programming, grants and camp upkeep.
Cookie returns will be accepted at cookie council cupboards after the sale ends on March 18 and March 19 from noon–6:30 p.m. Non-metro service unit cookie cupboards will accept returns on March 18 and/or March 19. The location-specific date and hours for non-metro service unit cookie cupboards will be published on the eBudde Dashboard. Only full, bakery-sealed, unopened cases of cookies will be accepted. Only 2013 cookies may be returned.