We know it is important to invest in the leaders of tomorrow by investing in the girls of today—the Girl Scouts who are learning to lead in their own lives and in their communities. They are discovering what is important to them, connecting with others and taking action to make the world a better place.
An investment in Girl Scouts is a commitment to support a generation of girls who will change the world as they develop into the leaders of tomorrow. Your contribution helps us fully fund our programs and allows us to reach more girls in our community.
Girl Scouts Has a Clear Impact on Girls + Society
Our Girl Scouts and Alumnae know that Girl Scouting works, and research backs them up:
Girls Need + Want Financial Skills to Achieve Their Dreams.
- Yet, only 12% feel “very confident” in making financial decisions.
- Girl Scouts helps meet this need with financial education awards and activities at all grade levels.
- Through “learning by earning”, the Girl Scout Cookie Program helps girls develop five essential business skills: goal setting, money management, people skills, decision making and business ethics.
- Learn more in Girl Scouts USA’s study, Girls and Financial Literacy
Girls Need Encouragement to Pursue STEM Careers.
- Almost half of Minnesota girls have never met a woman in Science, Technology, Engineering + Math (STEM) careers.
- Nearly 5 in 10 girls fear being the only girl in a STEM class.
- In Girl Scouts, girls do hands-on science, ask questions about the world, and problem-solve in a safe, all-girl environment.
- Learn more in Girl Scouts USA’s report, Generation STEM
Girl Scout Alumnae See Lifetime Benefits.
- Alumnae are more active in volunteerism and community work than their non-alumnae peers.
- Alumnae are civically engaged–77% vote regularly, compared to 63% of non-alumnae.
- Alumnae report a higher average income at a level amounting to nearly half a million dollars over her lifetime.
- Read the full Alumnae Impact Study from Girl Scouts USA.
Trust + Accountability
Girl Scouts River Valleys strives to conform with standard best practices. Review our finance and accountability documentation.