There are a variety of opportunities to sell cookies beyond door-to-door sales and cookie booths.
Below are suggestions for selling cookies. Have ideas not covered here? Consider sharing them on our Facebook page or send them to ProductProgram@girlscoutsrv.org to have your idea shared with fellow Girl Scouts.
- Be sure to ask everyone if they would like to purchase Girl Scout Cookies. The number one reason people don’t buy cookies is because they were never asked.
- Encourage customers to buy enough cookies to last until the following cookie season. A hot summer day is the perfect time for a frozen Thin Mint.
- Always tell customers your goals for selling cookies. Decorate T-shirts, paint posters, or make signs explaining your goals.
- Host a troop door-to-door sales party. Split into teams and walk door-to-door in designated neighborhoods, then meet as a troop to warm up and celebrate the troop’s success. Consider recognizing each team for a unique accomplishment: most cookies sold, most Savannah Smiles sold, best manners, best energy, etc.
- Save your order cards from year-to-year and contact previous buyers first.
- Offer Girl Scout Cookie recipes.