This activity is a delicious way to engage your entire company. It includes a planned bake-off, a cookie tasting, and voting for the best-tasting cookie.
Prior to Always a Girl Scout Day
- Select a volunteer to take charge of the bake-off.
- Pick a location.
- Set a time during your Always a Girl Scout Day when cookies can be brought to your location and organized for the cookie tasting.
- Set a time for the cookie tasting that is approximately 30 minutes after the cookies arrive to allow for setup.
- Decide how many cookies your participating bakers should bake. We recommend one dozen per fifty people attending, as you’ll be cutting the cookies into sample quarters.
- Print enough voting slips to accommodate your staff and ask your volunteer to cut them into strips.
- Announce your Girl Scout Cookie Bake-off and the timing of the cookie tasting by posting the sign-up sheet (or create your own).
- Post or email the sample recipe for inspiration.
On Always a Girl Scout Day
- Set up the cookies, assigning each variety a number for ease of voting.
- Led by your volunteer cookie coordinator, cut the cookies into quarters.
- Let the tasting begin! Ask your employees to vote for their favorite using a voting slip.
- Collect the votes and count them.
- Announce your winner(s) and give them a fabulous prize.
- Don’t forget to take a picture of the winner(s) AND the cookies!