The Property Committee was established by the Board of Directors of the Girl Scouts of Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valleys in 2010. Its charge is to provide ongoing oversight of the Council’s property portfolio.
Council properties make it possible for girls to participate in creative and educational experiences, as well as to be challenged and have fun in an all-girl environment. The council objective is to optimize the property portfolio so that girl members have access to an exciting leadership experience that provides resources and skill development so they may become strong women leaders.
The Property Committee makes recommendations to the Board of Directors with a strategic focus on a long-range property plan that will meet the council’s future programmatic goals and interests of girls, while balancing environmental issues and the council’s ability to finance and maintain property assets.
Provide facilities that support the Girl Scout mission and program, the outdoor experience, and connect Girl Scouts to the local community by engaging girls in a progression of relevant, high quality activities.
These facilities will be:
- Used year-round
The committee’s work will be guided by the following principles:
- Outdoor Program participant and market research
- Financial data
- National trends and best practices
- Input from members through Town Hall meetings and surveys
The committee will:
- Conduct an annual review of property-related program needs
- Review and analyze utilization statistics
- Conduct maintenance/capital audit and recommend investment needs
- Develop an annual set of recommended actions to the Board of Directors for consideration.
- Sarah Andersen, chair
- John Bina
- Karen Carlson
- Nancy Dana
- Don Lee
- Norma Porter
- Mary Selby
- Barb Shofner
- Debra Tenold
- Amy Kroll, ex officio
- Tisha Bolger, staff liaison