Earlier this year, Girl Scouts River Valleys’ Board of Directors approved property recommendations for the organization, which were presented at the Annual Meeting in January. Some of those recommendations mean changes this summer for our shops in Rochester, Northfield, and Redwood Falls.
- Some shops will transition from owned to leased retail locations. Leased shops in higher-traffic shopping locations provide better customer service and allow more cost-effective and flexible management of the retail service to members.
- The Northfield and Redwood Falls council-owned buildings will be sold. Retail traffic does not support current operating costs to own these properties.
- Investments will be made in Edith Mayo to develop it as an urban camp.
Shop Changes Beginning in June
- The shop is being moved to a more convenient location, 90 14th St SW #500 (located across from Olmsted County Fairgrounds). Please note that Membership support will be offered at this new location.
- The shop’s last day of business at its current location at Edith Mayo Service Center will be June 12.
- There will be a grand opening at the new shop location, August 4–14. Summer hours will run until September 8 – Tuesdays/Thursdays (10 am–5 pm) and Fridays (10 am–3 pm).
Northfield + Redwood Falls:
- The last day of business for these shops will be June 11.
- We will be piloting alternate retail delivery methods in the southwest region of our council. An example pilot may include mobile shops.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 800-845-0787 or email us at email@example.com.